by Harmonize Support, on Mar 18, 2020 1:15:11 PM
October 2020 Release Notes
Import Zoom Meeting Files
- After a meeting has ended you can import Zoom meeting files, recordings, transcripts and chat transcripts.
Presence on front of the card
- The presence indicator is now displayed on the front of the card, making it easier to see who is online, away, busy or offline.
September 2020 Release Notes
Milestone Requirement Email Notifications
- Upcoming Milestone Reminder: Students will receive an email reminder 1 day prior to the Milestone due date.
- Past Due Reminder: Students will receive an email reminder if they did not complete the Milestone and it is 1 day past due.
Web links added in the text editor
- Adding web links in the text editor, when creating a post or adding a comment, will automatically display a preview of the website, if one is available.
Download Closed Caption Files
- In the last release, Harmonize automatically closed captioned videos. Now users can download the .SRT file for review and re-upload if any changes are needed.
Grid & List Views
- We have added both the Grid & List View icons visible by default, so users can easily see that there are two different views of the discussion.
New Assignments takes the user to the Edit screen by default
- To reduce the number of clicks an Instructor or Instructional Designer needs to take to create their assignment prompt, the user is automatically redirected to the Edit Topic screen when creating a new assignment.
August 2020 Release Notes
Automatic Closed Captioning
- Recorded and uploaded videos will automatically be closed captioned, to provide accessibility to all users.
- With Harmonize Tips students and faculty will receive an onscreen notification, which will allow them to explore new features within the platform. Videos, GIFs, and text will be provided to help the user get started! Start exploring Harmonize Tips!
July 2020 Release Notes
Multiple Due Dates (Milestones)Milestones allow you to create a single assignment or topic that has multiple completion requirements/dates.
Completion Requirements may include a specific number of:
- Posts on a topic
- Comments on posts
- Replies to comments
- Reactions to classmates’ activity
By adding requirements as part of a Topic or Assignment Milestone, you provide students a clear indication of what must be done to complete a discussion topic.
Additionally, you can stagger the requirements across a specific span of time. For example, as part of a weekly discussion that begins on a Monday, you may want each student to:
- Write ONE post by Wednesday.
- Comment on TWO classmates’ work by Friday.
- Reply to TWO comments on their post by Sunday.
- Urkund is an automatic text-recognition system made for detecting, preventing and handling plagiarism and can be turned on for an Assignment or a Discussion topic.
- When creating a meeting row you can add artifacts that pertain to the meeting, like agendas or meeting notes, keeping all documents together in one place.
- We have added a new top level help icon to link to the Harmonize support pages for easy access to learn about Harmonize.
- When adding a comment, the Advanced Commenting option is also available under the menu option.
June 2020 Release Notes
- Presence allows users to view who is online, which can lead to student satisfaction and create a more synchronous discussion.
- Harmonize now shows the users status
By default their presence is online. The user can change their status to: Busy, Away or Show as Offline while they are in Harmonize.
Harmonize Chat (Beta)
Harmonize Chat allows Teachers and Students to communicate in real time.
- The Chat tool will need to be enabled for your institution. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request that it is turned on
- Students and Instructors can chat with current and previous classmates where Harmonize was installed
- Create private or group messages
- Block and/or Unblock a user
- Mute and/or Unmute a conversation
- Set your status as online, away, busy or show as offline
- Mark an individual conversation as unread
- Mark all conversations as read
- Delete your own conversation
- Disable / Enable Chat
- Saved chat conversations
May 2020 Release Notes
- Communicating directly with your peers or Instructor is now easier with threaded replies.
- You can now reply directly to another user's comments by selecting reply.
March 2020 Release Notes
New Post User Interface
- Changes to adding a new post from a New Post Button to creating a Post inline.
- Clicking on Create post... opens the new post inline
Comment changes to User Interface
- By default, users can add a text comment or drag & drop files when adding a comment.
- Clicking on Advanced Commenting expands the comment inline to add additional options to compose your comment.
February 2020 Release Notes
Post & Comment Reactions
Instructors can optionally turn on reactions per topic to engage students in the discussion topic. Students can view the reactions made by other students
- This is helpful
- Good Point
- I agree
Unicheck Plagiarism Integration
- Instructors can edit a topic and turn on Unicheck Plaiarism Integration
January 2020 Release Notes
- Users can now search a keyword on posts, comments, media description, meetings, closed caption files, first or last name and email.
- Search results are highlighted to quickly find the keyword
- Search results can also be filtered by: Posted by user and Relevance or Most Recent
Post / Comments & Navigation Changes
- We have made it easier to find posts that the instructor or student have not read, by collapsing previously viewed posts and comments.
- Actions on posts (edit, delete, flag for followup, version history and get URL) that were previously links, have been collapsed to a single menu item.
- The comment button has been removed and replaced with a more prominent inline comment box.
- Actions on a topic have been collapsed into a single menu to consolidate them into one area for quick access
December 2019 Release Notes
- Instructors can now see the published version history of each student's posts
Enhanced User Profile
Learn more about class participants and create a social presence in the discussion. You can now publish your profile and background to all class participates.
- Enhanced profile picture to use as your avatar
- Email & location
- Social media links
- Biography & interests
- Office Hours (for instructors only)
- NOTE: All profile information is optional
November 2019 Release Notes
- Install Turnitin keys at the account or course level so students can submit assignments or discussion posts
- Teachers will also be able to see student's scores when grading
- Install Caliper keys at the account or course level to pull Harmonize data into Caliper
Annotation Tool Changes
- You can now view and image or audio in a larger view without first opening the Annotation tool.
- Click Annotate to begin Annotating
October 2019 Release Notes
- Image & Video Annotations in Draft Mode
- Word Count
- Notification Bell Activity
- Activity Reporting across the course
- Closed Captioning
- Changes to display of date & time on posts & comments
Image & Video Annotations in Draft Mode
Uploaded images and videos can be annotated before a student published their work. After the media is uploaded click on the annotation icon to annotate.
Students can now see the word count when creating a post and teachers can view the word count on assignment submissions when grading.
Notification Bell Activity
Notifications received are now consolidated under a new Bell Icon to allow students and teachers to keep up to date on activity on their post & comments.
Activity Reporting across Course
Teachers can now view activity for students across the course in a dashboard view. See all activity across posts & comments, who has not posted in the last 7 days, who has not posted at all and view the most active topic or assignment.
Teachers and students can upload an .srt file and select a language when adding a video. When playing the video the translated text will display at the bottom of the video.
Changes to date & time display on post & comments
Date & time displays have been update to condense the view of the date. Hovering over the date will display the actual date & time of the post or comment
September 2019 Release Notes
- Visibility of Posts
- Students must post before seeing other students posts setting
- Anonymous Posts
- Meeting Scheduler Updates
- Notification Settings
Visibility of Posts
Posts can be set to be the following:
- Visible to all participants
- Visible to participants in their assigned section
- Visible to participants in their assigned groups
- Visible only between the Instructor and Student
Student must post before seeing other Posts and Comments
Students will need to create and publish a post before seeing any other student posts or comments within that topic.
There are three options for configuring how a user’s identity is displayed within a topic:
- Posts and comments always show user’s identity – This is the default setting. It requires all users to post as themselves.
- Allow anonymous posts and comments – This setting allows users to choose if they want to post or comment anonymously or not.
- All student posts and comments are anonymous – This setting requires all students to post anonymously. Instructors may choose to post anonymously or not.
Meeting Scheduler Updates
If a meeting has been scheduled, a calendar icon will be displayed at the top of the topic to show upcoming and past meetings.
@Mentions in text area
Students and Teachers can @mention a student inline when adding content to a post or comment.
The @mentioned user will be tagged and receive an email notification.
Harmonize notification settings can now be accessed under your user profile at the top of the Topic.
July 2019 Release Notes
Student Self Annotation
After uploading an image or video and publishing their post, students can now self annotate their own files using the annotation tools. Instructors and Students can both annotate the same file and have visibility access to see each others Annotations.
A new meeting block can be added by selecting, Schedule Meeting.
Meetings can be added as the following:
- No Remote Location: Add a physical location for your meeting without a remote meeting
- Add Meeting URL: Add a meeting URL for any type of online meeting room
- Zoom Meeting: Link to your Pro Account and automatically add a Zoom Meeting
10 minutes prior to the meeting, the host can Start the Meeting and users can join.