Converting HEIC Images to JPEG Format On iPhones and iPads
by Harmonize Support, on Nov 16, 2020 11:11:36 AM
Both Apple iPhones and iPads will default all images and videos recorded on the device to the HEIC/HEIF formats. This format is often not supported in online applications. Therefore, users will need to convert images from HEIC to PNG or JPG format.
This can be done on a computer by transferring the image from the iPad or iPhone and converting the file type, or it can be done on the device itself by copying and pasting the image from the Photo Album to the Files application.
Follow these steps to quickly convert HEIC files to JPEG directly on your Apple mobile device:
1. Find "Files" on your iPad or iPhone.
2. Open Files and create a new folder.
3. You may name your folder whatever you choose, but for this example we have named it "JPG Images"
4. Select the image from your photo album that you would like to convert and click the "Send" button from the bottom menu.
5. Choose "Copy Photo"
6. Return to the folder you created in Files, hold down anywhere in the blank area of the screen, and select "Paste" from the menu bar that will appear.
7. Your image will appear once it is pasted into the folder with the name "JPEG image" and will default to a .jpeg file format
8. Rename this image from the image menu with a continued press on the image, or...
9. Tap the image's name to select it and then type a new name.
Once your image is copied and pasted into your iPhone or iPad Files you will be able to submit it to online applications, like Harmonize Discussions, in the JPEG file format.