Anonymous Posts (Canvas)
by Harmonize Support, on Jul 13, 2020 2:32:30 PM
In order to have anonymous posts in a Harmonize Discussion in Canvas, you must first ensure that Anonymous Grading is enabled for your course.
- In Canvas, navigate to the Settings page for your course
- Select the Feature Options tab and make sure that the Anonymous Grading option is enabled
Creating an Assignment
Harmonize Discussions in Canvas automatically set the anonymous post settings to match the Anonymous Grading setting on the Canvas assignment.
- Navigate to the Assignments page of your course
- Click the + Assignment button
- On the Create New page, fill in an Assignment Name
- Find the Submission Type section, select External Tool in the dropdown and click the Find button
- Select Harmonize Assignment and click Select button after the URL loads
- Find the Anonymous Grading section and make sure Graders cannot view student names is enabled
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
- On the Harmonize Discussion page you'll now note that all students' posts will be anonymous
Grading the Assignment
Anonymous assignments are still graded using SpeedGrader™ but with some additional steps.
- Click on SpeedGrader next to the assignment
- Enter grades for each student (each student will be labeled as Student 1, 2, 3, etc.)
- When you have completed entering grades, click on the eye with a slash button in the top left and select Post Grades
- On the popup that appears, choose either Everyone or Graded and click Post
- At this point, the assignment will no longer be anonymous and students will be able to see their scores