Add Harmonize to Canvas with LTI 1.3
by Harmonize Support, on Apr 15, 2021 11:59:04 AM
LTI 1.3 Advantage is the latest LTI specification offered by IMS Global and offers a number of improvements over LTI 1.1. The instructions below describe how to add Harmonize to your Canvas instance via LTI 1.3.
Important Note: Adding Harmonize to Canvas via LTI 1.3 requires a Canvas Administrator user with access to the root account.
Create LTI Key
- Log into your Canvas instance as an Administrator with access to the root account
- Click on the Admin menu and select the root account
- In the navigation list, select Developer Keys
- Click the + Developer Key button and select + LTI Key
- Enter the following values on the Key Settings page and click Save:
- Method -> Enter URL
- Key Name -> Harmonize
- Redirect URIs -> Redirect URI provided to you from Harmonize Support
- JSON URL -> Config URL provided to you from Harmonize Support
- On the Developer Keys page, a new row will be added named Harmonize. Copy the Client ID located in the Details column right above the Show Key button.
- Send the Client ID to Harmonize Support. This ID must be entered into your institution's Harmonize tenant before installation can continue.
- On the Developer Keys page, click the On button in the Harmonize row to toggle the LTI key from Off to On
Add Harmonize to Sub-Account or Course
Now that the LTI Key has been created, any user with edit access to a sub-account or a course can add Harmonize.
- In your course or sub-account within Canvas, go to the Settings page
- Select the Apps tab, click on the View App Configurations button and click the + App button
- In the dialog that appears, select By Client ID in the Configuration Type dropdown, enter the Client ID into the Client ID field and click Submit
- Confirm that you want to install Harmonize
- Harmonize is now available in the sub-account or course